Menu

Království perníku

Urban monuments preservation area Josefov [ Městská památková rezervace ]

Formerly the fortress of Ples dating to 1780, built to defent the right wing of a meander of the Elbe and control communications with Silesia and the Klodzko region.
The centre of the fortress contained the military headquarters, the main watch-house, the cavalry barracks, the military hospital, the Old Town Hall and the Church of the Assumption.
The fortress was decommissioned in 1888.

LOCATION


LAST MODIFY: uživatel č. 276 org. 2, 08.12.2009 v 16:53 hodin